TROSA is seeking to fill a newly-created, full time position: Communications and Outreach Assistant.
· Position is responsible for helping to create and coordinate key communication deliverables for TROSA.
· Develop and execute internal and external communications, and engagement strategies in support of the organization, which will include its comprehensive recovery services and social enterprises.
· The Communications and Outreach Assistant must thrive in a nonprofit environment with limited supervision, and quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary.
· The successful candidate will have a blended experience and skillset of writing, design, and creativity, with attention to detail, and can adapt to and build-upon key, established TROSA messaging and branding.
Print Communications and Publications
• Collaborate with TROSA’s Directors of Development and Business Operations and act as writer and editor for communications channels.
• Manage vendor bid process and quality service delivery including design, production, and mailing as needed.
• Manage or assist in composing and editing newsletters, appeals, invitations, signage, displays, takeaways, posters, tickets, and other collateral materials.
• Update media kits, and fact sheets as needed.
Social Media and Website
• Manage TROSA’s social media presence on all relevant platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Constant Contact. Candidate must be comfortable and have experience posting on behalf of an organization on social media platforms.
• Manage and regularly update TROSA’s website with fresh, compelling content.
• Monitor and present relevant data, trends, successes, and best practices in accordance with TROSA’s mission.
Events & Donor Relations Communications and Engagement
• Coordinate photography for events, activities, and for use in publications, and represent TROSA at events when needed.
• Collaborate with leadership on grant writing and program development.
Press and Outreach
• Provide point of contact for print media relations and cultivate relationships with local publications to secure coverage of TROSA’s events and news.
• Write, edit, and collaborate on outreach and marketing communications materials for internal departments as requested, including PowerPoint presentations.
• Maintain and archive graphics, social media posts, photograph files, and press clippings files.
Education and Experience
• BA required, preferred concentration in Communications, Public or Media Relations, or related experience
• 1-3 years’ experience in similar role at a nonprofit organization, preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Superior writing and oral communication skills
• Strong editing skills
• Basic Microsoft Office skills
• Basic design/layout experience (Adobe Products, Microsoft Publisher, Canva or other comparable programs); familiarity with Google AdWords a plus
•Knowledge of media contacts a plus
•Experience with Nonprofit organizations
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com